I hold BA(Hons) and MA degrees in Education from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, an MPhil in Training and Development obtained while working with Nottingham Trent University and a PhD in Tourism Labour Market Studies from the University of Strathclyde. I have recently completed my DLitt degree from the University of Strathclyde, based on my published work in the field of tourism and employment over a 30 year period.
Has expertise in
- Strategic HRD planning in the public and corporate sectors
- Skills assessments in tourism
- Education and training for low skills work
- Volunteer work and volunteer roles in events and tourism
- Cultural influences on work and workplace behaviour
I hold a BSc (Hons) in Social Studies from the University of Mauritius and an MSc in Human Resource Management from the University of Befordshire in England. After 4 years of working in the further education, I embarked on a PhD at the University of Sunderland and graduated in 2012. I have since joined the University of Strathclyde as a fulltime academic/researcher in the areas of international management and tourism.
I have expertise in
- Cross-cultural management
- African management systems
- Migrant work
- Postcolonial theory
- Mobilities theory
I hold a PhD (Dr. rer. Pol) from the Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany. I am a trained sociologist. My research concerns work and employment in general, the future of work, precarious work in the gig economy and beyond. I am interested in the emerging varieties of automation, the related power structures, and how they are impacting on work and life.
I have expertise in
- New Technologies and the Workplace
- Work and Gender
- Urban Security and Policing
- International Comparative Qualitative Methods
Do You Want to Know More?
Subscribe to our news at this link or send us a message
The content of this website does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in it lies entirely with the authors.