I hold BA(Hons) and MA degrees in Education from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, an MPhil in Training and Development obtained while working with Nottingham Trent University and a PhD in Tourism Labour Market Studies from the University of Strathclyde. I have recently completed my DLitt degree from the University of Strathclyde, based on my published work in the field of tourism and employment over a 30 year period.
Has expertise in
- Strategic HRD planning in the public and corporate sectors
- Skills assessments in tourism
- Education and training for low skills work
- Volunteer work and volunteer roles in events and tourism
- Cultural influences on work and workplace behaviour
I hold a BSc (Hons) in Social Studies from the University of Mauritius and an MSc in Human Resource Management from the University of Befordshire in England. After 4 years of working in the further education, I embarked on a PhD at the University of Sunderland and graduated in 2012. I have since joined the University of Strathclyde as a fulltime academic/researcher in the areas of international management and tourism.
I have expertise in
- Cross-cultural management
- African management systems
- Migrant work
- Postcolonial theory
- Mobilities theory
I hold a PhD (Dr. rer. Pol) from the Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany. I am a trained sociologist. My research concerns work and employment in general, the future of work, precarious work in the gig economy and beyond. I am interested in the emerging varieties of automation, the related power structures, and how they are impacting on work and life.
I have expertise in
- New Technologies and the Workplace
- Work and Gender
- Urban Security and Policing
- International Comparative Qualitative Methods
- Overtourism – Can policymaking counteract the phenomenon? November 17, 2021
The content of this website does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in it lies entirely with the authors.