SMARTDEST expects to impact on science through the publication of academic papers and scientific dialogues; on society by designing viable solutions and forms of mitigation of social exclusion, dissemination and public activities; finally, on policy through a good involvement of policy makers, publication of policy oriented documents and endorsement of solutions.
SMARTDEST first ambition is to fill the knowledge gap by advancing in the grounded comprehension of social exclusion as related to the increasing opening up of cities and the everyday spaces as sites of mobile dwelling. This will bring to the open the potential for effecting a transition towards urban cohesion and sustainability.
- Publication and dissemination of a Scientific Report and several academic papers.
- Database of drivers of social exclusion and spatial effects with good-quality data (audited) and degree of spatial details (NUTS3 or LAU2)
- Map of European Hotspots of social imbalance associated to tourism mobilities
- Publication and dissemination of a Scientific Report (D3.3 – WP3), including 8 Case study reports
A second ambition is to develop a highly practical approach and to reduce a substantial social impact in specific context which are case study cities in this project. In this approach, SMARTDEST’s CityLabs play a pivotal role as spaces of dialogue, engagement and knowledge sharing.
- City labs in 8 cities on design and value testing of urban strategies, policies, planning practices and technological innovations.
- Final Report including 8 case study reports with documentation of collaborative work, engagement and learning; and innovative solutions for each case study.
The third ambition of this project is to transfer and rescale the analysis and insights gained locally to the broader European policy space
- Policy briefs
- Co-learning workshops
- Innovation camp involving innovation communities and networks
- Policy sprints
- SMARTDEST Final Conference
Do You Want to Know More?
Subscribe to our news at this link or send us a message
The content of this website does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in it lies entirely with the authors.