SMARTDEST expects to impact on science through the publication of academic papers and scientific dialogues; on society by designing viable solutions and forms of mitigation of social exclusion, dissemination and public activities; finally, on policy through a good involvement of policy makers, publication of policy oriented documents and endorsement of solutions.
SMARTDEST first ambition is to fill the knowledge gap by advancing in the grounded comprehension of social exclusion as related to the increasing opening up of cities and the everyday spaces as sites of mobile dwelling. This will bring to the open the potential for effecting a transition towards urban cohesion and sustainability.
- Publication and dissemination of a Scientific Report and several academic papers.
- Database of drivers of social exclusion and spatial effects with good-quality data (audited) and degree of spatial details (NUTS3 or LAU2)
- Map of European Hotspots of social imbalance associated to tourism mobilities
- Publication and dissemination of a Scientific Report (D3.3 – WP3), including 8 Case study reports
A second ambition is to develop a highly practical approach and to reduce a substantial social impact in specific context which are case study cities in this project. In this approach, SMARTDEST’s CityLabs play a pivotal role as spaces of dialogue, engagement and knowledge sharing.
- City labs in 8 cities on design and value testing of urban strategies, policies, planning practices and technological innovations.
- Final Report including 8 case study reports with documentation of collaborative work, engagement and learning; and innovative solutions for each case study.
The third ambition of this project is to transfer and rescale the analysis and insights gained locally to the broader European policy space
- Policy briefs
- Co-learning workshops
- Innovation camp involving innovation communities and networks
- Policy sprints
- SMARTDEST Final Conference
|H2020 SMARTDEST Detailed Presentation||March 2020||Download|
|1st Press Release – Short Project Presentation||March 2020||Download|
|SMARTDEST English Video Presentation||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Spanish Video Presentation – Video de presentación en español||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Italian Video Presentation –Video di presentazione in italiano||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST German Video Presentation – Präsentationsvideo Deutsch||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Dutch Video Presentation – Presentatievideo Nederlands||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Portuguese Video Presentation – Vídeo de apresentação em português||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Slovenian Video Presentation – Predstavitveni video slovenski||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Hebraic Video Presentation – סרטון מצגת עברית||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST Catalan Video Presentation – Vídeo de presentació en català||May 2020||Watch|
|SMARTDEST project presentation on Open Access Government Magazine||January 2021||Read_it|
|The paradox of tourism extremes. Excesses and|
restraints in times of COVID-19
|Initial presentation of the research context D2.1||April 2020||Download|
|The spatial articulation and local effects of tourism and associated mobilities D2.2||September 2020||Download|
|Collection of 4 case study reports on “Specific social exclusion issues and policy/community responses encountered at ´test cases´” D3.1||October 2020||Download|
|Technical Report: “Selection of the 2nd set of case study cities” D3.2||December 2020||Download|
|Scientific Report on: “Tourism-related mobilities, spatial effects and local responses” D2.3||March 2021||Download|
The content of this website does not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Responsibility for the information and views expressed in it lies entirely with the authors.